Sweater weather calls for cozying up on the couch with a steaming mug of hot cocoa.
Bar carts and tea trolleys take notice; the Hot Cocoa Bar has taken over as the hottest drink on four wheels. Set up is simple, and the carafe keeps the hot chocolate warm for hours.
Setting up a hot cocoa bar gives your family a hub to make personalized drinks and bring the fun indoors on those cold winter days. Our kid testers loved how they got to have their hot cocoa with a sweet treat, and having hot cocoa went from a quick on-the-go break to a time to sit down together and talk about their day.
Speaking of on-the-go, you can stock our cocoa cart with reusable to-go cups so that revelers can take their warm cup of deliciousness with them (even if it’s just to the other room to watch their favorite movie).
No cart, no problem – use a side table or even layout the spread on your kitchen table.
Hot Cocoa Bar Basics
- Tiered rolling cart
- Bar cart
- Tea trolley
- Utility cart
- Side table
- Large carafe of hot cocoa
- We used a 2-liter carafe – mix 8 cups of hot milk with 3 cups of powdered hot chocolate mix
- Adjust size of carafe according to how many you are serving. This size worked well for a family of four.
- 4 – 6 large mugs (or reusable to-go tumblers)
- Candy canes
- Marshmallows (We cut ours in half and used small icing tubes to turn them into marshmallow snowmen.)
- Crushed peppermints or peppermint candies (These are great to snack on or combine with the hot cocoa for a minty mug.)
- Sweet Snacks
- Chocolate cookies
- Yogurt covered pretzels
- Chocolate candies