Eggnog season is upon us, and we couldn’t be more egg-cited! This time of year is never complete for us without homemade eggnog. We have made and tried dozens of eggnog recipes which have all been just as delicious as the other, but the recipe that tops the list of our favorites is Savor’s homemade traditional eggnog recipe.
One of the most enjoyable parts for us during this time of year is upping our cooking and baking skills in the kitchen, while indulging on everything that we make of course! Getting creative in the kitchen lets us use staple flavors to develop and create new recipes.
A no-bake eggnog pie is a perfect example of using a staple flavor into creating a favorite dessert. Our friend, food and lifestyle blogger Ashley Presciutti of Wishes N Dishes shared with us a no-bake eggnog pie recipe that has been in her family for years. This eggnog pie has been a tradition in her family and is always the first of the sweets to disappear from the dessert table. It’s an ideal recipe for busy families who still love to make homemade, traditional old-fashioned holiday desserts for their guests.
NO-BAKE EGGNOG PIE
PREP TIME: 10-15 minutes
COOK TIME: 4 hours+
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners’/powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (9 inches)
- Extra 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, for sprinkling on top
- Extra whipped topping, for serving, thawed
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggnog, sour cream and add in the cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Fold in whipped topping; spread into crust. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, scoop a dollop of whipped topping on each slice and sprinkle with nutmeg.
We hinted earlier about our famous eggnog recipe that we can’t get enough of. This recipe has become a favorite among guests during parties throughout the season!
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 ounces bourbon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In 2 medium bowls, separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Put aside the bowl with egg white.
- In the medium bowl with the egg yolks, beat the egg yolks with a mixer until they lighten in color. Add the sugar and continue to beat the mixture until it the sugar dissolves. Stir in the milk, cream, bourbon, vanilla extract and allspice.
- In the medium bowl with the egg whites, beat it with a mixer to soft peaks. With the mixer still running, add in the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Keep the mixer running while slowly adding in 1 tablespoon of sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk the egg whites into the main mixture.
- Chill and serve. Garnish with cinnamon.