Ever find yourself craving ‘a little something’ after dinner or before bed, but fear derailing a day of healthy eating habits? Try one of these 10 well-portioned, yet satisfying and nutritious snack combos to round out the day of eating well.
FRO-YO BERRY BARK
- 32 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup granola
- Line a 15-inch by 10-inch baking sheet with wax paper.
- Spread the vanilla Greek yogurt onto baking sheet. Top with fresh blueberries and granola. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and let it stand for 5 minutes. Remove wax paper and break the bark into pieces.
EVERYTHING BAGEL CUCUMBER BITES
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- Everything bagel seasoning blend
- 1/3 cup crushed pita chips
- Slice a medium cucumber into 3/4 – 1 inch thick rounds. Scoop out the seeds and a bit of the pulp leaving the sides and bottom intact.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of low-fat cottage cheese into each cucumber round. Sprinkle them with everything bagel seasoning blend and garnish off with crushed pita chips.
FRESH BANANA PUDDING DIP
- 1 small banana, ripe
- 1/3 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt
- Cinnamon Graham or Animal Crackers
- In a small bowl, mash a small, ripe banana with a fork and stir in the vanilla Greek yogurt until blended well.
- Add a dash of cinnamon and pair with graham or animal crackers for dipping.
RICOTTA, BERRY & PISTACHIO PARFAIT
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios, lightly salted
- Using a whisk or beaters, whip ricotta cheese until loosened slightly and creamy. Stir in 1/2 tablespoon of raw honey.
- Spoon ricotta into a small bowl and layer with fresh raspberries and pistachios. Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of raw honey.
CHIVE & TOMATO COTTAGE CHEESE CRACKERS
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- Fresh chives
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 5 whole grain crackers, lightly salted
- 5 halved cherry tomatoes
- In a small bowl, stir cottage cheese with chives and black pepper.
- Spoon over crackers and top with 5 halved cherry tomatoes.
COCOA YOGURT STRAWBERRY SMASH SANDWICH
- 2 sheets chocolate graham cracker, divided
- 2 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3 medium strawberries
- On a plate, spread 1 sheet of chocolate graham crackers with vanilla Greek yogurt.
- In a small bowl, mash 3 medium-sized strawberries with a fork and spread onto graham cracker.
- Top with a second sheet of graham crackers.
AGED CHEDDAR CHEESE DATES
- 3 ounces block aged cheddar cheese
- 3 pitted medjool dates
- 6 roasted, salted almonds
- Cut chili dark chocolate bar into 4, 1/4 ounce squares.
- Stack each chocolate square with 1/4 ounce piece of Brie and a dried apricot.
- 1 pear
- 2 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons sliced toasted almonds
- Raw honey
- Slice a fresh pear in half and gently scoop out the core, expanding the opening to about 1 1/2 inches.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons of crumbled blue cheese into opening and garnish with 2 teaspoons of sliced, toasted almonds and a drizzle off raw honey.