Whether it’s after a long walk around the neighborhood or hours on your feet serving others, we all deserve a snack break. These on-the-go snacks are small, easy to pack, and satisfy your hunger to keep you fueled for the rest of your day.
Have snacks, will travel (around the neighborhood).
We’ve been enjoying our family walks on local trails and in our neighborhood. We realized after we were about a mile into the first one that we should have packed a snack for each of us.
Having snacks on-hand makes it easy to pack in your day bag. Create a snack station in your fridge and pull from that to create snack bags for you or your family.
• Fresh fruit with yogurt and honey
• Vegetables and dips (ranch dressing, nut butters, hummus)
• Cheese and cold cuts
• Mozzarella sticks
• Granola bars
• Trail mix
• Beef or turkey jerky
• Dried fruit
Tips for On-the-go Snacks
1. Get the Gear – We love these freezable snack bags that are lined with ice packs so you have more room for your snacks. If you don’t have one at home, you can use a lunch box and ice pack or put an ice pack in the cooler part of a backpack.
2. Pack Ahead – This can be done at night or in the morning when you are prepping breakfast. Make sure you have a little more than enough for everyone in your family or for yourself if you are bringing to work.
3. Carry Out – Keep your recyclables and trash in the container you brought them in if there are not receptacles available.
Adulting is hard, snacking is easy.