Hot cocoa bombs will always have a special place in our hearts, but have you heard of chocolate chai bombs? The flavors of the various spices in the chai spice mix rounded off with chocolate gives an additional touch of sweetness that bring these chai bombs to life!
The most important part of chocolate chai bombs other than the milk is the chai spice mix. You can purchase chai spice mix but we actually prefer to make it ourselves. It only takes 10 minutes and the aromas of the spices blended together are out of this world.
HOW TO MAKE THE CHAI SPICE MIX
- 1 cup unsweetened instant black tea powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 2/3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2/3 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 teaspoon white pepper
- In a blender, combine the black tea powder, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, allspice, and white pepper.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes until the mixture becomes a fine powder.
- Use as desired and store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
The best part of having chai spice mix made and stored in an airtight container is that you can make chocolate chai bombs over and over and also enjoy chai itself by simply mixing 2 tablespoons of the chai spice into a hot cup of milk.
HOW TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE CHAI BOMBS
CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL CHOCOLATE CHAI BOMB RECIPE!
Making the chocolate chai bombs can easily become a fun family affair! Chocolate and chai is a combination that we don’t often think of, but after making this recipe, it’s guaranteed to become a favorite!