Mini munches for your hungry goblins and ghouls.
Our kiddos are always hungry after a long night of trick or treating. This easy finger food spread can be made ahead of time and satisfy all the mini and full-sized monsters in your house.
- Mini Baby Bell cheeses
- Craft googly eyes (non-edible, both wax and eyes must be removed before consuming)
- Craft glue
- Peel wrappers off cheese and pull wax tab keeping remaining two halves of wax cover on cheese.
- Using paring or small knife, carve wax to desired ghoulish design.
- Glue craft googly eyes on wax as desired.
- Mandarin oranges
- Thin black marker
- Wash and dry mandarin oranges.
- Draw scary or sweet faces on oranges and serve.
- 1/4 pound thick-sliced cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound thick-sliced provolone cheese
- Halloween cookie cutters of varied shapes and sizes
- 1/2 pound thin-sliced honey ham
- 1/4 pound thin-sliced pepperoni
- Use cookie cutters to cut various shapes out of cheese, serve with or without crackers.
- Roll deli meat slices and lay flat or prop up in small bowls and serve.
- 1 package bite-sized pizza bites
- 1 can medium black olives, drained
- Cook pizza bites as per package directions.
- While bites are cooking, cut olives length-wise creating the ‘head’ and ‘body’ for the spiders,
- Take 1/2 of the cut olives and slice thin strips width-wise to create the legs,
- Place cut olives on cooked pizza bites to create spider-like shapes,
- 15 jalapeno peppers
- (1) 8 ounce package of cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups of Mexian blend shredded cheese
- 1 package of crescent roll dough
- 1 egg
- 1 package of candy eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash jalapeno peppers.
- With gloved hands, cut jalapenos in half and remove seeks.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese and Mexican blend cheese.
- Use small spoon to scoop cheese mixture int jalapeno halves.
- Open crescent roll package and combine dough for two rolls making a rectangle shape.
- Cut thin strips of dough length-wise.
- Gently wrap long strips around jalapeno halves leaving room to add the eyes after baking.
- Place jalapeno halves on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Whisk egg in small bowl and brush each half gently with egg wash.
- Bake on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet for 12 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- After taking “mummies” out of the oven, carefully place candy eyes on them and serve while hot.