With everything going on in the world right now, the one thing that we continue to be grateful for is being able to make delicious meals with items that we either already have at home or ones that have been abundantly available when we’ve made our quick weekly trips to the grocery stores.
Why not dine in diner style with your family right at home with the ultimate breakfast board? This breakfast board is filled with easy to make chocolate chip and funfetti pancakes, quiches, cheesy hash browns along with a delicious variety of fruits.
If you don’t have a large charcuterie board, you can easily use 1-2 small charcuterie boards that you have at home.
*Tip: You can also use wooden cutting boards to display the food. Just line it with parchment paper.
We recommend washing, drying and cutting the fruits up before you begin to make the pancakes, quiches and cheesy hash browns. Once washed and dried, put them in the refrigerator, covered. This way you can serve the food as it all comes out of the oven and off the stove. When it comes to cooking, make the quiches and cheesy hash browns first so as they are baking in the oven, you can make the pancakes! If your family enjoys having meat for their diner style breakfasts, you can add bacon strips and sausages to your board. The recipes below serve 4-6 people (with some leftovers depending on your families appetite), so feel free to adjust the quantity of ingredients as it fits for your family. Don’t have all the ingredients below? Don’t worry, be creative with what you have!
READY TO BUILD YOUR BOARD?
- Variety of seasonal fruits
- After washing and drying the fruits, cut half of them into small pieces and the leave the other half whole.
- 1 package (28-32 ounce) packaged hash browns
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, combine the potatoes, 1 1/2 cups cheese and salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased baking dish. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- Nonstick cooking spray (for pan)
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup pancake and baking mix
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Colby-Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh or dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 jumbo eggs, slightly beaten
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 24-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients, then fill each muffin cup half-way to the top.
- Place muffin pan into the oven and bake approximately 24 minutes, until golden brown.
CHOCOLATE CHIP & FUNFETTI PANCAKES
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup fruity pebbles cereal
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup pancake mix, 1 cup milk, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 cup chocolate chips.
- In another bowl combine 1 cup pancake mix, 1 cup milk, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 cup fruity pebbles cereal.
- Heat a skillet over low-medium heat or an electric griddle at 375 degrees F.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Flip when pancakes bubble and bottoms are golden brown.
- Repeat the steps for both pancake flavor combinations.
*Tip: All of the food doesn’t have to be served at once. Also, set aside small bowls for the hash browns and toppings desired to serve on the board.