We all love flavored lattes from local coffee shops, but being able to make delicious lattes at home without fancy equipment has its own charm. It doesn’t take much to upgrade your morning coffee routine with a whole latte love!
With the growing trend of gourmet coffee, many of us have purchased high-end coffee makers and espresso machines. Not everyone has equipment to make the espresso that forms the base for the latte, which is why our stove-top tips will bring lattes to live without machines and gadgets.
There are 3 main steps to creating barista-style lattes at home.
Brew an extra-strong batch of coffee however you make your coffee at-home.
Create flavored syrups yourself with water, sugar, extracts and other delicious ingredients to create the desired flavor of choice.
Froth the milk to perfection. Milk can easily be frothed using a handheld frother but if you don’t have one, you can use a blender, an electric mixer, or even an old-fashioned whisk to agitate milk for at least 2 minutes to create a foamy texture. We highly recommend using whole milk to add an extra level of creaminess.
LEARN HOW TO MAKE OUR FAVORITE LATTES
If you are having qualms about using whole milk because of the fat content, remember that it provides a higher satiety level and its 8 grams of protein per serving will make the latte more filling than a regular coffee drink.
Making lattes at home is the perfect option for coffee enthusiasts who want to enjoy a coffee shop-caliber drink without the high cost or leaving the house. When you’re a DIY barista, you can be as adventurous as you want and make your cup just the way you like it. Creating flavors is not just fun and easy, but since everyone’s sweetness level varies, you can adjust the syrup amount to suit your palate.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THE PERFECT LATTE
Keep these hacks in mind to use when making homemade lattes:
- Brew strong coffee the in the evening and store in the fridge overnight for an iced latte in the morning.
- Make coffee or syrup ice cubes to lower the temperature of your drink without it becoming watered down.
- Blend coffee and syrup together for even more frothiness and evenly distributed flavor.
- Add sea salt, whipped cream, or chocolate shavings to take your latte up a notch.
- Consider using coconut, peppermint, almond extracts or a combination of them in place of vanilla for a wider flavor variety.