DIY yogurt tubes are one of the easiest and healthiest snacks that you can prepare with just three simple ingredients. As families are in back-to-school mode, parents and caregivers are trying to figure out new routines for pick-up times, homework, after-school activities, and snacks. One of the challenges presented with new schedules are planning and prepping for meals and snacks, which is why simplifying snacking struggles by making DIY yogurt tubes are always an easy and nutritious on-the-go option.
Using dairy as a base for any snack is beneficial because it has 13 essential vitamins and nutrients including protein, calcium, vitamin D, and vitamin A. One of the best options for a dairy based kid-friendly snacks is yogurt, especially when it comes in the form of a colorful, fun, squeezable tube. The store-bought tube yogurts can be convenient but are loaded with sugar. By making them yourself right at home, you can choose the amount of sweetener and customize the flavors by adding in real fruit for fiber.
This customizable, nutritious, and delicious snack full of probiotics is a family favorite for kids and adults, One of the best parts of making these yogurt tubes are that they can be stored in the fridge for 5-7 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months!
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 cups fruit (blueberries, raspberries, mango, kiwi)
- 1-2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Place everything into a high-speed blender or food processor for 2-3 minutes and blend until smooth. If you are using frozen fruit, be sure to defrost it beforehand.
2. Using a small funnel, pour the flavored yogurt into squeeze tubes (or popsicle molds).
3. Leave room at the top when filling to allow for expansion if storing in the freezer. Seal well.